Monday, May 10, 2010

Deb Gray's Complete Nutrition Feature

Deb Gray's Transformation Story
Omaha, NE
Growing up I had always competed in sports. I also enjoyed working out, and that is why I chose to get my degree in Exercise Science. After getting my degree, I started my own business as a personal trainer.

I was fortunate to train a wide variety of clients (female, male, young and old from 9 years to 102 years). I did this for 10 plus years, and then decided on a career change. During this time I had my first daughter. What an amazing and emotional experience. You never think you can love someone so much and then love yourself again after gaining 55#s!! I went back to a "not so healthy" quick fix program. Basically I was starving myself and doing tons of cardio. Well I lost weight, but felt awful. I had no energy, was cranky and it seemed to always be hungry!!! Three years later I was pregnant again and told myself I would not gain 55#'s this time, but I ended up gaining over that! I remember the scale at 160 when I was one month along and then looking for the last time with 2 weeks to delivery at 225!! I am not a math wizard, but I had to of gained 65#'s, if not more. Holy smokes, how would I ever loose all that weight? It was about a year after my second daughter's birth, that a great friend of mine started training for a figure competition. It motivated and inspired me to make a change. I started working out consistently, eating healthy and taking the right supplements.

I followed a training program from BuffMother.com, which is an online support resource. I believe it was a combination of everything that helped me to transform and transform quickly. I work out 6 days a week for 45-90 min max and eat 5 small meals a day. I also take the following supplements from Complete Nutrition: No2, Amplify protein, Creatine, Tone, Joint, Complete Woman Vitamin, 3-in-1, Accelelean, Control and glutamine.

This is an example of a day with supplements, diet and workout.
Meal 1:
1 c. oatmeal w/ cinnamon and blueberries
4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg scrambled
Supplements:
Complete Woman Vitamin, Reclaim Joint and Tone, No2, 3-in-1, Accelelean
Workout:
5 min warm up
Assisted pullups 3 x 6-8 reps
Pulldowns: 3x 6
Rows: 4 x 8
One arm at a time pulldown: 3 x 6 each side
Ez bar curl: 4 sets; 2 wide/2 narrow 6 reps
Hammer curl: 3 x 6 reps
Intervals on treadmill: 4 min warm up
8 intervals for 30 sec hard and 90 sec recovery
Total of 20 minutes

Meal 2:
Amplify shake with 2 scoops, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of glutamine, water and ice; blended

Meal 3:
whole wheat tortilla with canned tuna, mayo, almond and celery
Supplements:
No2, Complete Woman Vitamin, 3-in-1, Accelelean

Meal 4:
grilled chicken breast on spinach salad
Supplements:
Tone and Control

Meal 5:
steak, asparagus with red pepper and sweet potato

Why am I sharing this?

I hope I can motivate and inspire others. You might not want to compete, but I believe everyone wants to feel and look better. I started in January of 2008, weighing 165#'s with 25% body fat. With being more consistent with working out, and then really watching my diet and supplements in February my body began to change. After one month I had big transformations, but by the end of May they were huge, in fact I competed and won the Nebraska and Heartland Open figure classes. I weighed 137 with 17% body fat at competition time. It was not always easy, but it has been worth the hard work and effort.

I believe you can do it too when you decide to make the choice to change. Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment